Creating great videos is the first step. Once you have your brand’s video created, what do you do with it to get the best results? It’s always best to find ways where your content can stand out, but also reach the ideal customer or buyer for your products or services. Luckily, there are many platforms available that can offer help to most marketers looking for a fast, effective way to promote.
What You Need to Consideration First
Before you can choose a platform, you need to consider your goals for your brand video. Here are a couple of key questions to ask:
- Who is the target audience for your video? Who needs to see this in order to make a decision about your products or services?
- What platform does your main audience use the most?
- What type of engagement do you want to have through your videos? In other words, what do you want people to do when they see your video?
- What message is the video offering? Having a story to tell, ask yourself which platform is going to offer the best way to grab attention.
- Where is your brand known? What platforms do you need a bit more work on?
The Video Platforms to Consider
There’s no doubt that YouTube is the largest platform of video content of any type. It may prove to be the ideal option for your client base. However, social networks are fast becoming the go-to location for videos because of the sheer reach they offer. Here are a few things to consider.
- YouTube is an excellent starting point for adding your video. Building a channel here that allows you to educate your buyers on a consistent basis can be highly effective. If you plan to add videos frequently, start here.
- LinkedIn is an excellent choice for those who have a strong B2B market. If your business’s ideal audience is professional, this is the likely place to be.
- Facebook is a solid option for those who want to reach a more mainstream audience. Twitter is also an excellent location if you have a younger or Millennial audience.
In every situation, ask yourself what specific goals you have for your video. Then, determine which platform can offer the very best level of traction for you.